Tuesday 24 May 2011

Spoonbills at Coatham Marsh

I had a very brief encounter with a family of four Spoonbills that I caught up with at Coatham Marsh TVWT on Friday evening. I arrived on site at 18.11 and was alerted to them very quickly in flight. They circled for a short while and kept dropping down into the pools before being spooked by a train and flying strongly north at 18.19.

The quest to get some decent on the ground (or in flight come to think of it) piccies continues!

Spoonbills

Spoonbills

Spoonbills

Bigger pictures if you click on the images to get to flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see your photos as we missed out and were too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom Horne was there when I arrived and he managed to get some cracking shots of the group in the water when they came very close to where he had been waiting. If only I'd been a few minutes earlier!

    The Spoonbills have settled in at Druridge it seems.

    ReplyDelete